Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

No more reverence

I used to think that "looking at her with reverence" was only something that happened in romance novels, until I saw you staring at me. To say that I was unnerved would be an understatement. No man had ever looked at me that way before and I strongly doubt that any man ever will. "This is how beautiful people must feel like all day long", I thought.

And you know what? I couldn't cope with it. Started looking for reasons to break up, treated you badly.

You don't look at me that way anymore.

I am, simultaneously, crushed and relieved.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful piece .. the prompt has been handled in such a unique way

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.