Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Centus 136

Macy was a woman of definite opinions. Always figured quite prominently in her speech and so did never. Backing down was not an option as a matter of principle, yet under that frank gaze she found herself wavering.

Was it just last week she had been telling Leslie, that any man over 40 who hadn't been in a serious relationship before was most definitely a bad idea? How on earth did she now find herself in dire straits of maybe?

Adam placed a light hand on her shoulder. "Well, what do you think?" Macy felt herself blush as she smiled. "I think lunch would be wonderful."


Jenny Matlock

6 comments:

  1. I loved the line : "How on earth did she now find herself in dire straits of maybe?" That was so spot on as a description of any possible new relationship...well done !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the uncertainty of dating, it's all there in your written. at least it's not dinner, which I always thought was a bigger deal than lunch.

    nice writing. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Hope the lunch unfolds into many more things for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my yes, how on earth did she! Awesome writing covering that ever powerful dating game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha. and also the never say never. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!

    And I can actually kinda/sorta relate!

    I always said 'never, ever!' after I divorced my first husband.

    Here I am now, though, married to the most wonderful man in the world for going on 14 years.

    I hope her lunch unfolds into wonderful new possibilities.

    Lovely writing here.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.