Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

100 Words - Remains of the day

He couldn't go home now, not with a police car waiting for him there again. Jakob shivered. Darkness quickly gobbled up the remains of the day, leaving him hungry and cold. No, he couldn't go home. His parents would kill him.

"Our door is always open", the neighbor across the street had said after she found him drunk and beaten up on the side walk. She had looked at him worriedly, quite piercingly when she said that. He ignored her. There was no such thing as a trustworthy adult.

The neighbor's lights flickered on. He started walking down the hill.



6 comments:

  1. Gosh, I missed your short stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know more too. You've put a lot of intrigue into so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so hard when our teens refuse to believe we really do care. He can have a spot on my couch . . . it's been used before.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.