Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Nothing

I should be writing! Instead I've been reading about zen.

There was always a tentative interest because it seems like one of those things you can ponder for yourself and I like DIY projects. But after all the stress I had lately I decided it's time to give it a more in depth study. Maybe it's something for me, maybe not. Or maybe just some of it. Time will tell.

I already completed an exercise.


Exercise 1: Do Nothing
Find a situation that is troubling you and that you have been trying
to work out. Think about it and Do Nothing. Think about it
again, and Do Nothing again. Stop all unnecessary activity,
thoughts, and machinations. Take a walk at the beach (or anywhere
that is relaxing to you), enjoy the moment—then think
about the situation. Still Do Nothing at all. Keep walking, keep
enjoying.
When this situation actually appears in your life, continue to
Do Nothing. After about a week of this, notice the changes that
have taken place without your interfering at all.

from Zen Miracles

6 comments:

  1. Zen... I love this! As of right now,
    I'm doing "Nothing"....
    thanks for sharing!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zen! I love it! I also enjoy yoga and reiki, too. I'm not very disciplined at maintaining my 'zen' state because I get distracted. My focus has been off since I've been unable to do yoga. I'm glad you're trying this out and hopefully, it will be extremely beneficial for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know just what you mean about distraction...

      My son's godmother does reiki too and I found it very helpful/amazing.

      Delete
  3. i am not much into yogas and zen but if it works for you go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably end up cherry picking because I'm too afraid to commit myself fully at any philosophy. :)

      Delete
  4. This is very interesting! I hope you get good results.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.