Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

H is for Hope

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
Dale Carnegie

The ninety and nine are with dreams content; but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true.
Edgar Allan Poe

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
Henry Ford

Why are we so full of restraint? Why do we not give in all directions? Is it fear of losing ourselves? Until we do lose ourselves there is no hope of finding ourselves.
Henry Miller

Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.
Leonardo da Vinci

Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you.
Ogden Nash

Jenny Matlock

15 comments:

  1. These quotes are beautiful and just what I needed :)

    I hope you have a lovely Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Dale Carnegie quote is head on. thanks for sharing.

    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful collection. I've always loved Ogden Nash; makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the wonderful quotes! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Ogden Nash one!! I've gotta share that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good ones!...especially the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job assembling the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading these quotes! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the variety of quotes. I especially love the last one. Looks like I' already middle aged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear friend,
    Very powerful quotes. We all need this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quotes! We live in a town that was "built" by Henry Ford :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (still catching up on H posts :o) Hope you get a chance to stop by).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope is what really keeps us all going. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful quotes!

    I love all of these.

    I am pretty much a quote junkie so this post really grabbed me!

    Thanks for linking up to the letter "H".

    A+

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.