Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mag 123

"It's almost midnight", said Johnny. "lets have a break here. The delivery can wait."
Tom nodded.

The two men got out of the gleaming Durant and walked over to a park bench. A dark green bottle and a pack of cigarettes were produced without delay. Minutes passed. Somewhere further off they heard a group of people sing.

For auld lang syne, my dear
For auld lang syne
We'll take a cup o'kindness yet
For auld lang syne


Tom smiled at the sound of clapping and cheers.

"Happy 1930, Johnny."

An obviously drunk couple walked by, waving. "Happy New Year, fellas!"

"I don't get it", said Johnny. "For centuries women wouldn't even show their ankles and now you can see right up to their underwear. What the hell happened?"

Tom giggled. "You slay me, Johnny. Who cares? I like it. As long as it's not a chubby dame like Suz from the Alley Cat."

He was down on the ground before he even knew what happened. Johnny towered over him looking dreadful.

"That's MRS. Parks to you." He seemed ready to throw another punch when suddenly he grinned. "And for your information, I like her chubby. Now lets go."


That was a Mag post.

10 comments:

  1. uh oh...open mouth insert foot...or fist...ha...nice vignette....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. You captured the moment, and with just enough detail to evoke the time. My contribution this week is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! This is hilarious!

    Come to think of it, do you know what's the difference between ye olde woman's underpants and the modern woman's underwear?

    Well, in the old days, you can find the underwear outside the bum. Today, you find it on the inside. (Thongs and G strings) Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a little story you told; good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for men defending their chubster women. (As a chubster myself, I can get behind this...)

    Well done!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great last line...nice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hell, he was drunk and in that situation the choice of words is limited. Each to his own and keep your mouth shut. Let them all chase after the skinny ones that will leave the rounder ones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt like I stepped into an old movie reading your post. And nice surprise toward the end! I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also like the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really entertaining scene! Great.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.