Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Costume

Fat Fanny barged in, yellow silk robes flowing.

"Here's your costume, kid."

"Thanks, Fan." I gave the French Maid dress a sniff and a shake. "I must ask Tricia how she got that stain out."

Fanny was already busy powdering her face. "Well, if you can believe her..." Snort. "The other day she was telling us, a regular paid $800 just to spend the evening with her."

I laughed.
"There was no hanky panky, Fan", she mimicked. "I'm a happily married woman."
"Yeah, right." I started putting on my garters.

"Don't forget tonight there's a 3-for-1 special", she said.
I groaned.

Fanny was curling her eyelashes. "Tell me about it. Back when I was starting out we'd never french a customer."

I sighed, frustrated. "You also didn't have this much competition then."

This is a Sunday Scribblings post.

5 comments:

  1. When I read this, images form in my head. Sepia tones, the faces of these women set against a backdrop of what appears to be a room decorated in 50s style furniture, accents and wall to wall floral wallpaper.

    It's just what I needed to take my mind to different places. It's where I need to be right now. :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny and I felt as if I was in the room wtih them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little time this week - was clicking real fast through the SS#323 offerings - if they didn’t hook me on the first line, I went on to the next one. Your first line’s a winner, and in total this is a fine little vignette, refreshingly well written. Looks like there’s life beyond couponing : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. :)

      Delete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.