Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

C is for Change

“Change will never happen when people lack the ability and courage to see themselves for who they are.” - Bryant H. McGill

“Everybody talks about wanting to change things and help and fix, but ultimately all you can do is fix yourself. And that's a lot. Because if you can fix yourself, it has a ripple effect.” -Rob Reiner

“One thing that Buddhism teaches you is that every moment is an opportunity to change.” - Ron Reagan

“Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different.” - Bill Watterson

“Faith... is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.” - C.S. Lewis

“You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write.” -Saul Bellow


Jenny Matlock

18 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Somehow I never imagined Ron Reagan as a Buddhist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it weird too so I checked around. He is the son not the dad. :)

      Delete
  2. No truer words were ever spoken..
    Great Post
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful quotes. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and interesting quotes! I was also surprised by the Ronald Reagan quote

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Rob Reiner's quote but I think in terms of fixing and changing oneself, sometimes it's possible and sometimes you have accept what you can't fix.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's true. Awareness and acceptance, the happy twins. :)

      Delete
  6. I like these quotes! You really chose a great word. CHANGE is always inevitable. I loved visiting! Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for letter C!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quotes... I love the rRob Reiner one... if only we all started with ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me smile.

    I am going through a lot of changes in my life and it's good to be reminded that this is a part of life and change isn't such a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great word Change, we all have to change now and then, keeps life going I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice quotes...Change is the only constant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are some fun quotes. Thanks for sharing them. I especially liked the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever collection of quotes for the letter "C".

    Some of these are new to me...I especially like the last one!

    Thank you for sharing.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.