Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Active Voice


Joe Arbuckle saw Stephen Pickett, the contractor, walk into the Lyceum with about a dozen bright-eyed boys in tow. Sensing a story he quickly crossed the street.

"Hey Pickett, I didn't know you had so many nephews."

Pickett smiled broadly. "I don't. Loitering boys cause most of our construction damage and I worried a lot about that until a crazy idea possessed me. I asked these boys to keep a close watch on our current project and I promised them an evening at the theater. It worked! We've had no damage whatsoever!" He beamed. "I consider it a good investment."

Write On Edge: Red-Writing-Hood

11 comments:

  1. Fitting short story for the summer :)

    A win-win situation for the contractor and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! Nice post to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice to read a positive story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story, great idea to limit the damage at a construction site as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative solution! I like how you told a complete story in so few words. I don't have that talent. Great job with the active voice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic little story. I enjoyed it and the use of the active tense throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I liked this! What a neat little story, positive and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun read, and a clever means of getting the situation under control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A smart response to the smart challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great solution! I am impressed that you told a complete tale in just a few words. Great use of the active voice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! And complete inside the 100 words. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.