Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Strange Bedfellows

The Texan woman pretended not to notice the Nigerian guy staring at her. She peeked at her watch for the fifth time. It was nearly 8.15 and there was no beemer to be seen anywhere.

Suddenly he spoke up. "Are you waiting for the driver too?"
Darla turned around and acknowledged him with a relieved smile. She nodded.

"I sent him a message. He'll be here soon", the man told her.

A long-haired couple with backpacks joined them. They all started talking.

"I'm Joseph. Where are you from?"
"I'm from Spain", said the young man holding a Robert Jordan book.
"Alberto was visiting me", explained the English girl. "He's going back home today."
"I'm flying to New York."
"My business is in Luxemburg."

A blue BMW finally pulled up next to them. The English girl gave Alberto one last kiss goodbye.

The strange bedfellows got in the car.


This is a Sunday Scribblings post.

4 comments:

  1. Like any good story what you don't say is where the bigger story lies..would love to follow that car! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think Jae might be correct...there's at least one more story you can get out of this, maybe several.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this needs another chapter :-)

    interesting and intriguing read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would like to see where they go next!

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I cannot comment on some Wordpress blogs. Ironically this started when I registered a WP account for commenting. So if you have a WP Blog and I haven't returned your comment it's because I can't! Working on it.